AIRA’s purpose is to unite and support professionals providing business turnaround, restructuring and bankruptcy services. Toward that end, AIRA has sought to bring together individuals from a broad range of practices and disciplines, including: Financial Advisors, Accountants, Attorneys, CPAs, Investment Executives, CEOs, Legal Professionals, Appraisers, Investment Consultants, Real Estate Appraisers, US Trustees, CFOs, Restructuring Advisors, Turnaround Specialists, Consultants, Investment Professionals, Financial Advisors, Professors, Distressed Asset Investors, and many others.
MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES & DUES
Regular Member ($295)—Financial advisors, accountants, crisis managers, business turnaround consultants, lenders, investment bankers, attorneys, trustees and other individuals involved in the business turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency fields.
Government/Academic Member ($75)—U.S. trustees, assistant U.S. trustees, analysts, and other professionals working in the U.S. trustee’s office; bankruptcy judges, clerks and other government employees; full-time university/college professors and lecturers; full-time students
Retired Member ($75)—To be eligible for the Retired Member rate, a member must (1) be (a) sixty years or older,* (b) a member for at least ten years, of which five years must be consecutive, and (c) employed for less than 500 hours per year; and (2) provide written notice to the Executive Director that the eligibility criteria have been satisfied. If a member has satisfied the eligibility requirements and such eligible member is a CIRA, the member would receive emeritus status.
*In the case of retirement for medical reasons, an exception to the minimum retirement age may be granted upon approval by the Executive Director.
BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
Among others, AIRA members receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- AIRA ANNUAL CONFERENCE, REGIONAL CONFERENCES, WEBINARS & NETWORKING RECEPTIONS—Members receive priority registration and discounted rates to participate in top-quality, professional education programs, conferences and networking events sponsored or co-sponsored by AIRA throughout each year.
- PUBLICATIONS & EMAIL UPDATES—Members receive the following valuable resources:
- AIRA Journal—published quarterly, print version by mail, also online
- Weekly Advisor —includes conferences, new events & courses, important updates
- CIRA & CDBV Directory
- AIRA Bookstore—order valuable references online
- AIRA LinkedIn
- AIRA Twitter Updates
- CIRA AND CDBV CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS—Members are able to enter either of AIRA’s highly regarded programs for professional certification for insolvency and restructuring advisors and valuation of distressed businesses and assets. Click for more information CIRA CDBV
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT—recognized specialists respond to member questions on bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring issues. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INSOL INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP—a world-wide federation of national associations of accountants and lawyers who specialize in the insolvency area. AIRA is a member of INSOL International and members are invited to join INSOL at a discounted rate.
- RECOGNITION—heightened acknowledgement and identification of professionals in business turnaround, restructuring, and bankruptcy practices
- NETWORKING—establishment of important, lasting relationships and exchange of information with other professionals, specialists, experts and leaders in the field
- COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP—increased personal accomplishment and satisfaction of contributing to the advancement of the profession
- SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES—firms and businesses earn distinction and recognition while supporting events to benefit members and others
- SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS—offered to AIRA members by businesses and service providers:
- 50% discount on Bastien Financial News Reports subscription.
- 20% discount on Altman Z-score+ Mobile App
- 25% discount on The Bankruptcy Yearbook & Almanac from New Generation Research, Inc.
- MassMutual Financial Group/Oregon Agency - 10% discount on Disability Insurance and 10% discount on Long Term Care Insurance. To request information, email Michael S. Huard, email@example.com.
CODE OF PROFESSIONAL & ETHICAL CONDUCT AND BYLAWS
AIRA members have a responsibility to perform professional services in a manner consistent with the Code of Professional and Ethical Conduct developed by the Board of Directors pertaining to competence, confidentiality, integrity, objectivity and due care. AIRA’s Bylaws were laid out by the Board to govern organization, procedures and policies of the Association, including membership and educational and certification programs.
Code of Professional Conduct